- Emerging infectious diseases
- Microbial immunology
- Clinical microbiology
1. Chan JF, To KK, Tse H, Jin DY, Yuen KY. Interspecies transmission and emergence of novel viruses: lessons from bats and birds. Trends Microbiol 2013 Jun. doi:pii: S0966-842X(13)00089-9. 10.1016/j.tim.2013.05.005. [Epub ahead of print]
2. To KK, Chan JF (co-first author), Chen H, Li L, Yuen KY. The emergence of influenza A(H7N9) sixteen years after influenza A(H5N1) in humans: a tale of two cities. Lancet Infect Dis. 2013. [accepted and in press]
3. Chen Y, Liang W, Yang S, Wu N, Gao H, Sheng J, Yao H, Wo J, Fang Q, Cui D, Li Y, Yao X, Zhang Y, Wu H, Zheng S, Diao H, Xia S, Zhang Y, Chan KH, Tsoi HW, Teng JL, Song W, Wang P, Lau SY, Zheng M, Chan JF, To KK, Chen H, Li L, Yuen KY. Human infections with the emerging avian influenza A H7N9 virus from wet market poultry: clinical analysis and characterisation of viral genome. Lancet. 2013 Jun;381(9881):1916-25.
4. Chan JF, To KK, Tse H, Lau CC, Li IW, Hung IF, Chan KH, Cheng VC, Lai TS, Woo PC, Chan EY, Yuen KY. The lower serum immunoglobulin G2 level in severe cases than in mild cases of pandemic H1N1 2009 influenza is associated with cytokine dysregulation. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2011 Feb;18(2):305-10.
5. Hung IF, To KK, Lee CK, Lin CK, Chan JF, Tse H, Cheng VC, Chen H, Ho PL, Tse CW, Ng TK, Que TL, Chan KH, Yuen KY. Effect of clinical and virological parameters on the level of neutralizing antibody against pandemic influenza A virus H1N1 2009. Clin Infect Dis. 2010 Aug 1;51(3):274-9.
6. To KK, Hung IF, Li IW, Lee KL, Koo CK, Yan WW, Liu R, Ho KY, Chu KH, Watt CL, Luk WK, Lai KY, Chow FL, Mok T, Buckley T, Chan JF, Wong SS, Zheng B, Chen H, Lau CC, Tse H, Cheng VC, Chan KH, Yuen KY. Delayed clearance of viral load and marked cytokine activation in severe cases of pandemic H1N1 2009 influenza virus infection. Clin Infect Dis. 2010 Mar 15;50(6):850-9.
7. Chan JF, Chan KH, Choi GK, To KK, Tse H, Cai JP, Yeung ML, Cheng VC, Chen H, Che XY, Lau SK, Woo PC, Yuen KY. Differential cell line susceptibility to the emerging novel human betacoronavirus 2c EMC/2012: implications for disease pathogenesis and clinical manifestation. J Infect Dis. 2013 Jun;207(11):1743-52.
8. Chan KH, Chan JF (co-first author), Tse H, Chen H, Lau CC, Cai JP, Tsang AK, Xiao X, To KK, Lau SK, Woo PC, Zheng BJ, Wang M, Yuen KY. Cross-reactive antibodies in convalescent SARS patients' sera against the emerging novel human coronavirus EMC (2012) by both immunofluorescent and neutralizing antibody tests. J Infect. 2013 Apr. doi:pii: S0163-4453(13)00071-6. 10.1016/j.jinf.2013.03.015. [Epub ahead of print]
9. Chan JF, Li KS, To KK, Cheng VC, Chen H, Yuen KY. Is the discovery of the novel human betacoronavirus 2c EMC/2012 (HCoV-EMC) the beginning of another SARS-like pandemic? J Infect. 2012 Dec;65(6):477-89.
10. Chan JF, Lau SK, Woo PC. The emerging novel Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus: the “knowns” and “unknowns”. J Formos Med Assoc. [accepted and in press]
11. Chan JF, Trendell-Smith NJ, Chan JC, Hung IF, Tang BS, Cheng VC, Yeung CK, Yuen KY. Reactive and Infective Dermatoses Associated with Adult-Onset Immunodeficiency due to Anti-Interferon-Gamma Autoantibody: Sweet's Syndrome and Beyond. Dermatology. 2013 May. [Epub ahead of print]
12. Tang BS, Chan JF, Chen M, Tsang OT, Mok MY, Lai RW, Lee R, Que TL, Tse H, Li IW, To KK, Cheng VC, Chan EY, Zheng B, Yuen KY. Disseminated penicilliosis, recurrent bacteremic nontyphoidal salmonellosis, and burkholderiosis associated with acquired immunodeficiency due to autoantibody against gamma interferon. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2010 Jul;17(7):1132-8.